The business was founded in 1935 by Carmelo Mejlak and Carmelo Zammit.
One shop was opened in St. George’s square and another one in Mgarr harbour trading in fishing tackles, tobacco, cigarettes and spirits.
In 1958 Joseph, son of Carmelo Mejlak took over the business and immediately it became the first one in Gozo to introduce a wider selection of spirits and liqueurs.
Then in 1965 Joseph Meilak Junior took over the business where soon after the outlet in Mgarr closed and they focused mainly on wholesale.
In 2011 the Company Wisto was born, as the fourth generation took over the Business which brings us where we are today.